Evidence-Based Case Studies & Reports
Creating High-Impact Technology for Today's Learners
Our research has shown that online resources, when created to meet the needs of students and instructors, make teaching and learning more effective. When educators require and integrate these products into their course, they and their students experience the highest success rates and return on investment. With that goal in mind, Pearson's MyLab and Mastering programs not only deliver traditional textbook content, they offer outcomes based on self-assessment, personalized study paths, customized teaching resources, and powerful results reporting.
- Read our Standards for Efficacy Research report (PDF) to find out why Pearson is interested in efficacy studies, common study designs, and how Pearson can help instructors get started. Pearson adheres to the SIIA guidelines for evaluating educational technology products (PDF).
- MyLab / Mastering: World Languages Efficacy Results 2013 (PDF)
The 2013 MyLanguageLabs efficacy report features 18 stories that illustrate successful MyLanguageLabs implementations from many perspectives. It includes both quantitative data on MyLanguageLabs' effectiveness in the classroom and more qualitative information – stories about how instructors are using MyLanguageLabs to improve teaching and learning. All 18 stories in this report address the variety of challenges facing instructors in today's academic environment.
- NEW! Raising the Bar, V3: A Compendium of Case Studies on the Effectiveness of MyLab and Mastering from Pearson (PDF)
MyLab and Mastering from Pearson are designed with a single purpose in mind: to improve the academic success of all higher education students, one student at a time. By leveraging data-driven insights made possible from ten-million student users, MyLab and Mastering deliver engaging, dynamic learning experiences based on content proven to help students absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Learn how instructors and students have succeeded with MyLanguageLabs:
- NEW! Community College of Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD (PDF)
- NEW! University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL (PDF)
- NEW! Lehigh Carbon Community College, Schnecksville, PA (PDF)
- NEW! University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX (PDF)
- Coastal Carolina Community College, Jacksonville, NC (PDF)
- Metro Community College, Omaha, NE (PDF)
- Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO (PDF)
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (PDF)
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (PDF)
- University of Mississippi, University, MS (PDF)
Back to top