What Is MyLanguageLabs?
MyLanguageLabs are available for Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, and Latin. Russian will be available in January 2012. Portuguese and German will be available for Fall 2012 courses.
The moment you know.
Educators know it. Students know it. It's that inspired moment when something that was difficult to understand suddenly makes perfect sense. Pearson's MyLab products have been designed and refined with a single purpose in mind—to help educators create that moment of understanding for their students.
MyLanguageLabs deliver proven results in helping individual students succeed. They provide engaging experiences that personalize, stimulate, and measure learning for each student. And, they come from a trusted partner with educational expertise and an eye on the future.
MyLanguageLabs deliver proven results in helping individual students succeed.
- Pearson MyLabs are currently in use by millions of students each year across a variety of disciplines.
- MyLanguageLabs work — but don't take our word for it. Visit our MyLab / Mastering site to read white papers, case studies, and testimonials from instructors and students that consistently demonstrate the success of our MyLabs.
MyLanguageLabs provide engaging experiences that personalize, stimulate, and measure learning for each student.
- Everything Students Need to Succeed in One Place. MyLanguageLabs is the only program that thoroughly integrates all the component of a program bringing each element to your students as they need them to learn.
- Multilayered Feedback and Point-of-Need Support. Feedback bubbles in machine-graded activities give students instant hints on why an answer is incorrect. When students try the activity again, the "Need help?" feature links to specific sections in the eText and additional resources directly related to the activity's concept. The result is improved student performance.
- An assignment calendar provides students with a clear learning path and allows instructors to assign graded activities, with specific deadlines, and measure student progress.
- A fully customizable Gradebook allows instructors to add columns to their gradebook and organize them anyway they wish. MyLanguageLabs gradebook can become the unique gradebook for your course.
- English Grammar Readiness Checks test students' understanding of grammar topics in English and provide personalized remediation via animated tutorials.
- Media assignments for each chapter — including videos with assignable questions — feed directly into the gradebook, enabling instructors to track student progress automatically.
- The Pearson eText lets students access their textbook anytime, anywhere, and any way they want — including listening online or downloading to iPad.
- Oral Practice. Voice Recording, Audio Feedback, and Wimba Pronto all enable students to increase oral proficiency without leaving the online environment.
- Assessment tied to every video and chapter enables both instructors and students to track progress and get immediate feedback. With results feeding into a powerful gradebook, the assessment program helps instructors identify student challenges early.
MyLanguageLabs come from a trusted partner with educational expertise and an eye on the future.
- Pearson supports instructors with workshops, training, and assistance from Pearson Faculty Advisors — so you get the help you need to make MyLanguageLabs work for your course.
- Pearson gathers feedback from instructors and students during the development of content and the feature enhancement of each release—to ensure that our products meet your needs.